Monday 26 January 2009

Feedback from location scouting

Have been out this afternoon to do some location scouting was very useful, as I'm now pretty sure we'll be able to do the opening sequence we want.

I effectively just went to all the different places, we'll probably be doing shots and had a look at what it would look like if it would work/ below are some of the pictures I took, to give an idea of what the location is going to be like first out in the fen then in the village.










At the same time I tried to take some pictures of the framing of the shots we'll actually take which we'll use to draw the storyboard. I also took some films to give myself an idea of how the shots might look like and whether they'll work or not, we'll also be able to use this to give us an idea of camera movement on our storyboard.


It was really useful doing the location scout because it meant I found out that some of the shots I had in my head wouldn't work in practicality now rather then when we came to first shooting. The main example of this is the shot over, the mound as the two boys are climbing. It won't be possible/practical to do this shot because in the location we won't be able to get high enough to take that shot. So I tried a different technique, a track following the two characters climbing from behind which then pans up so it's above and behind their heads as they look out across the view. We might do this or something different we'll think about it before we go out and shoot (possibly might use a dolly?)

video below, it's rough and a bit wobbly cos I was doing it by hand on a slippery slope, and the camera isn't very good, but you get the general idea










p.s It was also useful because we found out that the land I was planning to shoot on is access land so. i.e it's not private property, so this means we can film there :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home